Send and Receive Money locally or around the globe within minutes via Western Union at a Co-op bank branch.
We are an authorized agent for Western Union services. These services can be accessed from any of our 150+ branches countrywide, Selected Co-op Kwa Jirani and Selected Saccos.
How do I send money via Western Union?
- Visit the nearest Co-operative bank branch.
- Complete a simple remittance form where you will indicate: the amount you wish to send, destination country, and the name of the person you intend to send to.
- Give the teller the completed form with the applicable funds (including transaction fee). Pay with cash or you may debit your Co-op bank account.
- The agent/teller will process the transaction and give you a receipt and MTCN number for the transaction
- Contact the person receiving your money transfer and let them know the transfer has been done and provide the MTCN for them to receive the money.
- Save your receipts for the record.
How Do I receive money via Western Union?
- Request for the MTCN (tracking number) - The person sending you money will receive a tracking number when the transaction is completed. Ask them for the MTCN to make it easier and faster to pick up your money.
- Visit your nearest Co-op bank branch or selected co-op kwa jirani agents or selected Sacco - Take your MTCN and your national Identity card, a valid passport or a government issued ID to pick up your money.
- Complete the remittance form - available at our branches countrywide.
- Show your identification
- Once verified, you will receive your money (usually in local currency (Kenya shillings) )
You can also receive funds directly into your account or to your mobile wallet if the sender indicated so when sending the money.
Important: Your name on the transfer record must exactly match your name as it appears on your ID. Otherwise you may be delayed or be unable to pick up your funds.